Saturday, May 8, 2010

Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Amos 3:3

Walk with me for a while...



I used to think that I had an unusual life filled with disappointment after disappointment and that everyone else had a good life. I was always longing for something better and envious of others. The older I got and the more people I got to know made me realize that we are all very much alike. Everyone has moments of elation and moments of despair. But it seems like we all tend to focus on the downs and negatives that we experience and hardly remember the ups and positives.  Do you know what I mean?


We live in a world where we want everything to be better for us. We can walk through any bookstore and read the titles for self-help books and find never-ending promises and solutions.  Here are just a few categories to choose from: aches & pains, co-dependency, diets,  depression, family problems, health, marriage & divorce, relationships,  job & work related issues, death & grief,  parenting, male and female, lifestyles, age related issues. The question is always how can I get ahead or how can I do better?  Is your life filled with doubt and problems that need to be solved?


The solution to our problems is more simple than we make it out to be. There are usually several choices to make when facing a problem.  Our choices can make it either more frustrating or might solve the problem, but first, we should address the root of the problem and not just try to ease the symptoms.



We are always looking for the easiest way to solve our problems, but here's what I've learned. I don't always have to solve the problem.  I'm to give my problems over to GOD.  Once I learned how blessed I am then the answers came more easily. In Christ, I realized that I am a powerful person because I'm a joint-heir with HIM. I am a channel for HIS blessings.  (I'm not talking about a New Age channel here.) 

But how do I go to the root of the problem, because sometimes all I can see are the symptoms.

Well, I know that GOD sees me coming and going. HE knows when I go to the secret place to pray and when I don't.  16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   When I realize that I am nothing without HIM, it is then that HE calls me out of darkness. HE addresses my problems and HE fights my battles if I let HIM. The major road block is "Me". When I stand in the way, GOD can't get through. When I pick up the self-helps then I'm not acknowledging that GOD is able. I quench the HOLY SPIRIT when I do it "My way".  19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. So my time alone with HIM strengthens me.  I can sometimes hear HIS revelation to me if I am patient when I pray.    24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.  1 Thessalonians 5


Yes, He sees me coming and going.  He knows when I open the Bible and when I don't.   Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15.  If I get into HIS word and truly search out what HE wants for me then I may get revelation through HIS Word.   He will continue to teach  me to be a discerner of spirits if I will ask HIM and believe.   HE has promised many things. 



Years ago while listening to a message, I wrote these words down in my Bible.  Corrie tenBoom (Dutch Christian Holocaust survivor who helped many Jews escape)  said that she prayed with an open Bible.  She would find "her" promise and pray "Father, you've said it--now, do it!"  That may sound full of pride to some, but the truth is that GOD wants us to be this bold!  HE has given us permission... 

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.  Hebrews 4. 


These ways are so simple that it's difficult for the world to understand. The world says, "How can prayer and reading the Bible change anything?"  Most of us think this way because we must have a logical solution. Faith is not logical by the word's standards.  But, Praise GOD, Faith is logical by GOD's standards and that is all that really matters!



We are so used to solving problems.  The world expects us to do it and leave GOD out.  After all haven't we all heard the saying that we need to pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps?   That is what has gone wrong in our America today. We have left GOD out. We need to strive to raise up to meet HIM and bow at HIS sandals instead...


If you don't know the LORD JESUS as your Savior, HE is waiting for you.  HE will not force HIMSELF on you, but gently persuades.  Search for HIM and you will find HIM.  9 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  Luke 11

Once you've believed and received HIM,  HE will teach you how to depend on HIM through HIS Word and the HOLY SPIRIT.  It's a journey, a path that leads us into righteousness. It is  HIS righteousness because we are not right without HIM.


Take time to walk with HIM.
Agree with HIM and HE will reveal HIMSELF to you...



Daily:
Sing praises to HIM.

Thank HIM.
Have a personal Devotional Study.
Take time to pray.



.

No comments: