Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Baby in Boston

So here I am in Boston to be with my daughter who will be having surgery on Monday in the morning. Those of you who are praying, thank you for your love and care but with your praying I would like to ask your indulgence to another request.

We are called to be a people of praise. We are called to come before his gates with thanksgiving. I respectfully ask that you praise our LORD and SAVIOR for all the wonderful things that HE has blessed you and I with. We take so much for granted. Look around you and think about what life would be like without the blessings that are before you and I right now. As I look out the apartment window here, I can see boats and ships moving about on the east harbor. The birds are singing and the wind come and goes in great gusts and then it is calm. The temperature was in the 70s today and the colors of fall are all about us. It is beautiful here....

JESUS is the LORD of my life. As I recall, HE taught us to come before HIS FATHER, my FATHER, when we pray and to do it in HIS (JESUS') name. Let us hold HIS name in reverence.
HIS kingdom will come... but think of this... HIS kingdom is right here, right now within us. If we claim the name of JESUS, we are HIS and the FATHER is ours because of HIM. If we are truly HIS, then the COMFORTER has come and bears witness of HIM teaching us through this life. So glorify HIM...lift HIM up... magnify HIM... We have been given the strength and power to call help when we need it. We are to come boldly and with thanksgiving. We are to believe when we pray and praise!

Do you need help, too? In the flesh we all need help... but in CHRIST we are the help that HE desires us to be. We are to be HIS hands, HIS feet, HIS voice, and HIS love.

Are you discouraged? We are to put on the garment of praise, but first we must take off the garment of heaviness. The two garments cannot exist together. Meditate on these words of scripture... these words were before HE came in the flesh... they were read by JESUS while HE was in the flesh here on earth... and now they are within us... and also think HE is the WORD... this is a mystery but one, which answers many doubts when you and I understand the significance of its meaning. No matter what period of time, HE is with us... past, present, and future... Isaiah 61:1-3

The spirit of the LORD GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good things unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD and the day of vengeance of our GOD; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Think not only on these words above but these words below...

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law. Galations 5:22-23
How can we give these things out, unless we have these things... we cannot offer love to others unless we have it, we cannot offer joy unless we have it, we cannot offer peace unless we have it, etc. Many of us have it for ourselves but have not begun to offer it to others... What good is my fruit, your fruit unless we share it?

I have been given the opportunity to share many spiritual things with others. I try to make myself available to my family, friends, and co-workers because I believe this is what GOD has called me to do. I am often weak in my daily walk. I often walk in the flesh and become discouraged, but when I think of who I belong to I gain strength and I'm able to minister to others. I am like the prodigal son at some time during every day. When I realize that I am operating in my own power instead of the power of the HOLY SPIRIT, my heart is convicted and I have to repent of my selfishness. After all HE has said, Come unto me... those who are weak and heavy laden and I will give you rest.

With praise and thanksgiving I make my requests known to GOD... I have friends who are dealing with cancer in their own bodies or within family members, there are those who have loved ones on duty in the military, there are those who have diabetes in many stages of the disease~~I will offer my praise to HIS HOLY NAME and ask blessings on behalf of them. I have friends who are out of work, friends who have had to make great sacrifices for a day to day existence, friends who have no health insurance and I know the government is not the answer here~~GOD is~~I will sing Hallelujah HE is LORD and the lifter of my head. I have a husband and children (including a son and daughter-in-law and grandchild) who are my true loves here on this earth, I lift each one totally up in prayer that GOD grant the petitions of my heart spoken and unspoken. ~~I will honor my SAVIOR and praise HIM (in my mind when I cannot speak or sing aloud) and aloud whenever I am able.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. Let us not forget this as we walk out into the world on a daily basis... many, truly do not know what they are doing or saying~~we need to take no offense, put a guard on our lips and give it all to the FATHER in the name of JESUS. Let us always be pleasing unto GOD that JESUS may brag on us to the FATHER who loved us so much...

Blessed are thou, O LORD, our GOD, KING of the Universe who is, who was, and is to come.

No comments: