Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 ~ "And I stood and saw..." said John~

Are we ready to stand and see?   GOD is ready to reveal many things to us if we are watching as we wait for HIM.

My continued hope for you is the same as I shared with my family.  Namely this: Expect good and wonderful things to happen this year! Do not be discouraged! Take each day as it comes but realize that it is a part of the whole picture only. Details are great, but the big picture is beautiful!  We can get so caught up in the detail that we forget to look at the big picture.

I ushered in the Sabbath tonight.  Bob is working and it was just me at the Shabbat table.  After candle lighting and prayer, there was a complete peace and calm surrounding me.  It was then that I realized that sometimes GOD just wants me to mediate on HIM without request or expectation.  Sometimes HE just wants me.  Is that an awesome thought?  That GOD just wants me...  The beauty of it is, that I just want HIM, too. HE is the lover of my soul after all!  Amen.


Our life is a journey and GOD has given us the instructions for this journey.  Remember that all things work together for the good of those that love the LORD in whatever we do and say and where ever we go.  Remember that GOD gives all inspiration and that there is a reason for everything in HIS great plan for you, and for me. We may not know what it is at the time, but HE knows and that is all that matters...


Let's not forget that Satan and his minions watch us at all times. He and they have come to steal, kill and destroy.  We are to be still and know that GOD is GOD!  Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!  Amen.


 We must always be on guard against evil.  Satan and his minions will steal your joy, kill your influence to help others and destroy your relationships if we allow it. So, be on guard becasue satan's time is short and he knows it.  It is a time that he will be generating ways to stop the glory of GOD.  BUT, NOTHING CAN STOP THE GLORY OF GOD ALMIGHTY! It is a time where satan goes about like a roaring lion looking for what he can easily eat. Let's not let him catch and eat you or me!  We must be aware and proceed as the LORD told us. in Matthew 10:16  “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves. (He tells us so much more, but that is enough for the purpose at hand here, now.)



We have been made aware of the evil and we need to use this knowledge to stand firm on GOD's WORD.
When we are surrounded by fears (real or imagined) let's keep this in our heart.  Ps.18:4-6 The cords of death entangels me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.  The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me.  In my distress, I called to the LORD; I cried to my GOD for help.  From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.


and then he answers... Psalm 23:3-4 He restoreth my soul; he leaded me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Hallelujah!  He hears us, protects us, answers us and comforts us! 


With this new year of 2010 upon us, I thought it interesting to explore just what 10 represents in the Bible. I found it to be really good!   Now, let's look and take pleasure in GOD's mysteries revealed to us:

Ten is one of the perfect numbers, and signifies the perfection of Divine order. Hallelujah! Completeness of order, marking the entire round of anything, is, therefore, the ever-present signification of the number ten. It implies that nothing is wanting; that the number and order are perfect; that the whole cycle is complete. Just as our wedding rings are perfectly round, it also shows eternity...   (This information can be found online http://www.biblestudy.org/ )



**Noah in the Bible, is of the tenth generation.

**The Ten Commandments contain all that is necessary, and no more than is necessary, both as to their number and their order, while the Lord's prayer is complete in ten clauses.

**The tithe represent the whole of what was due from man to God, as marking and recognizing God's claim on the whole.

**The ten plagues were representative of the complete circle of God's judgments on Egypt.

**Antichrist's world power is comprised in the ten kingdoms, symbolized by the ten toes on the feet of the image of Nebuchadnezzar's dream (Daniel 2:41), and by the ten horns of the fourth beast of Daniel's vision (Daniel 7:7,20,24, etc.; Revelation 12:3, 13:1, 17:3,7,12).

**Ten nations imply the whole of the nations which are to be the scene of Abraham's covenant possessions (Genesis 15:19).

**and there's more and more to number 10

10 trials of Abraham

10 rebellions of Israel in the wilderness

10 silver sockets in the Tabernackle

10 times fire came down from Heaven

10 times the people shouted for joy

10 righteous curses

10 times the tabernacle is spoken of as the "Tabernacle of Witness," or "Tabernacle of Testimony

10 parables of the Kingdom in the Gospel of Matthew

10 I AM's of Jesus in the Gospel of John




The type for satan is small because I do not even want to acknowledge him.  Many times we have been taught to ignore satan. But, ignoring him will not make him go away.  We need to be aware of him becasue he is GOD's enemy.  Resist the devil and he will flee form you. James 4:7  Resist does not mean ignore.  We have been confused.  Resist means to exert force in opposition as to defeat.  satan cannot stand against GOD.  We are to humble ourselves in submission to GOD, whereby satan will flee from us.  So, Christian... stand in, stand out, stand with, and stand for GOD at all times!


I love you all.



Monica

No comments: